March 12-13, 2012
JW Marriott, Downtown Indianapolis
The Indiana Department of Education and the Indiana Afterschool Network invite you to join us for this exciting, annual two-day conference designed specifically for Indiana’s afterschool and summer program providers.
Click HERE to view the Summit Follow Up Page
Find links to the Summit evaluation, presenter materials and more!
SEE THE CONFERENCE SCHEDULE:
Check out the latest draft of our conference agenda, including information on breakout sessions. CLICK HERE!
Or download the FULL CONFERENCE BOOKLET HERE
(PDF file size 14MB).
ABOUT at the Summit:
- Indiana’s only conference designed specifically for Indiana afterschool and summer program providers.
- Keynote Speakers: Leland Melvin, former astronaut and NASA Associate Administrator for Education, NASA Headquarters in Washington, DC. (March 12) and Paul Young, President and CEO, National Afterschool Association (March 13).
- Engaging workshops led by experts in the field for both new and seasoned youth workers. Learn the latest curriculum and best practices ranging from college readiness and STEM to the arts and health/wellness.
- Participants will have the opportunity to receive:
- IN DOE Professional Development Points (1 hour=1point)
- Up to 11 hours of Community Based Training Professional Development for the Indiana Youth Development Credential
- Up to 11 hours of Paths to QUALITY™ in-service training hours
- Leadership: build your leadership skills and learn techniques for engaging youth, communication, staff development, diversity, evaluation, sustainability, and many other topics
- Special Public Policy Forum: Learn how to access state funding for afterschool, hear state and federal legislative updates and identify pressing policy issues from the field.
- Special One Day Project-Based Learning track – learn PBL techniques to engage youth in real-world, hands-on learning activities from NASA's Summer of Innovation, and design a STEM project to bring back to your program. (Support provided by the Center of Excellence in Leadership of Learning)
- Kid’s College presents: The Afterschool March Madness Reception
March 12 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. at the NCAA Hall of Champions (a short walk from the JW Marriott).
Featuring interactive exhibits, half-court basketball gymnasium, hors d'oeuvres, drinks, and more!
Sponsored by Kid’s College Improving Learning and Motivation to Succeed www.ltskc.com
- Interactive College Readiness Marketplace.
- Indiana Youth Institute Regional Workshop March 12, 1:15-2:30 pm.
For more information call Sara Beanblossom at 317-920-0181 with questions.