Conferences & Special Events
2017 INDIANA SUMMIT ON OUT-OF-SCHOOL LEARNING
Indiana Convention Center, Downtown Indianapolis
April 10-11, 2017 | 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The SIXTH Annual Indiana Summit on Out-of-School Learning
Hosted by the Indiana Department of Education and the Indiana Afterschool Network.
Grab a great opportunity! Be part of the 2017 Indiana Summit on Out of School Learning, with the newest ideas in afterschool and summer programming.
It will be two days of exciting keynote speakers, networking events, exhibitors, and more than 50 innovative, engaging workshops on afterschool and summer learning. The Summit brings together our state’s top talent to share the latest advances in our field. Join more than 750 youth workers, educators and community partners to connect, learn, and access resources that advance learning opportunities for Indiana’s K-12 youth.
Participant Registration NOW OPEN!
Regular Rate after January 15: $95
Nominate Your Afterschool Program for the 2017 Champions Showcase!
1st Prize: $2,500 2nd Prize: $1,000
Our 2017 Champions Showcase will feature 6 finalists who are making strides in the following areas:
- Partnerships between afterschool professionals and teachers working together to advance youth learning.
- Building trusting relationships among afterschool and school leaders.
- Linking in and out of school procedures, policies and curriculum.
- Leveraging school and afterschool resources to make a bigger impact.
NOMINATION FORM: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2017Champions
Summit Breakout Presenter RFP Submission is closed for 2017.
Download the 2017 Summit Prospectus to learn all of the benefits of becoming a 2017 Summit Sponsor, Exhibitor or Advertiser!
Click HERE for REGISTRATION for Sponsors, Exhibitors & Advertisers
Click HERE for a FULL Listing of 2017 Summit Sponsors
About the Summit
Join 750 participants to experience:
- More than 50 innovative workshops on leadership
and best practices
- Inspiring and high impact keynote speakers
- Special evening networking reception at the Eiteljorg Museum, sponsored by the Indiana Secretary of State
- Spectacular exhibit hall
- Champion awards for outstanding programs
- More than 50 innovative workshops on leadership
KEYNOTE PRESENTATION: From Special Ed to Simply Special
Ben Glenn’s message details his personal story of being diagnosed with a learning disability in the 3rd grade. It follows the line of struggles and triumphs that came after his diagnosis and how he learned to overcome those challenges and appreciate himself in the process. Exciting addition to the keynote will be Ben’s “Speedscaping” – a fast-paced, large-scale landscape created in front of the audience using chalk and a black 6 x 8 foot canvas.
ABOUT BEN: Ben struggled with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) throughout his formative years, ultimately finding it impossible to stay interested in school and leaving following his junior year in college. Although his ADD caused him to struggle academically, it proved to be a perfect companion in his career as a performer, creator, and educator. Rather than let it hold him back, he chose to be inspired by his condition. He uses it as a tool for writing, speaking, and making videos focused on ADHD and personal development.
Apart from helping dispel the myths and misunderstandings surrounding ADD, Ben speaks about overcoming adversity, diversity and creativity. Ben is the published author of seven books and the founder of Chalkguy’s LEGO drive project, AND based here in Indianapolis!
Learn more about Ben: http://www.simplybenglenn.com
SPECIAL EVENTS for 2017 at the Eiteljorg Museum!
EITELJORG MUSEUM EXPLORATION AND CREATIVE COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
Monday, 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art (500 W. Washington, a 1/2 mile, 10-minute walk from the Convention Center)
- Dig in to fun, hands-on learning around ways to leverage community resources within your afterschool programs with our programming partners the Eiteljorg, Arts for Learning, and Big Car.
- THIS LIMITED HANDS-ON OPPORTUNITY IS ONLY AVAILABLE FOR THE PRE-REGISTERED AND PAID PARTICIPANTS WHO CHOSE THIS ADDITIONAL OPTION.
NETWORKING RECEPTION at the EITELJORG MUSEUM (Open to ALL Summit participants)
Monday, 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art (500 W. Washington, a 1/2 mile, 10-minute walk from the Convention Center).
- Network with other Summit goers, enjoy hors d’oeuvres and drinks and win prizes.
- Explore the museum’s Western galleries and special exhibition, Dogs: Faithful and True
- PLUS- learn ways to leverage community resources with our special programming partners the Eiteljorg, Arts for Learning and Big Car!
- Sponsored by the Indiana Secretary of State
2017 Summit Sponsors
Official Summit HOTEL Booking Link
Become a Summit Volunteer!
Sponsor, Exhibit, Advertise
Registration for Sponsors & Exhibitors
Registered Exhibitors Info Packet
View the 2016 Summit Program Book
2016 Summit Photo Album
Summit RFP Rubric
Summit RFP Online Form