Conferences and Training Opportunities
2014 Indiana Summit on Out of School Learning
JW Marriott, Downtown Indianapolis
March 12, 2014 - March 13, 2014 | 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The Indiana Department of Education and the Indiana Afterschool Network hosted our THIRD Annual Indiana Summit on Out-of-School Learning! This two-day conference is designed specifically for Indiana’s afterschool and summer learning program providers.
Video Footage from the General Sessions (Thanks to the Indiana Department of Education!) :
- Keynote Elise Foster – “Genius Or Genius Maker?” http://youtu.be/BmKQCIGZTx8
- Keynote “The Power of Afterschool” http://youtu.be/HPrH6-L1lbA
- Remarks by US Representative Andre Carson http://youtu.be/3HOhoTtijUo
- Theater of Inclusion General Session Intro Day 1 http://youtu.be/g5N8_8ic49U
- Theater of Inclusion General Session Intro Day 2 http://youtu.be/oNPFuoRc2oA
Take a look at the full Conference Booklet from our 2014 Summit
About the Summit
Indiana’s only conference designed specifically for Indiana afterschool and summer program providers.
The conference featured top-notch keynote speakers, and more than 50 workshops on leadership and best practices in out-of-school time learning.
And – an exciting evening networking reception sponsored by Indiana University where participants shared hors d’oeuvres and hobnob-ed with their colleagues and supporters.
The conference included a wide range of break-out sessions/workshops with practical tools and best practices for out-of-school time providers, schools and partners including:
- Exciting Curriculum and Activities for K-12 Youth
- Funding, Partnerships, & Sustainability
- Leadership with Youth, Staff, Families, and Community
- Advocacy & Communications
- Strategic Planning & Evaluation
- Health & Safety
Keynote Speaker: Elise Foster
In today’s complex education landscape, education professionals are being asked to do more, while already scarce resources dwindle. Foster, co-author of The Multiplier Effect: Tapping the Genius Inside Our Schools, illustrates how some leaders drain the intelligence and capability out of their teams while other leaders foster a culture of intelligence and passion in their organizations. Leaders and team members alike will benefit from learning the five disciplines of Multipliers and how to fully engage the talent around and within us. Learn more about the Multiplier Effect HERE.
Keynote Speaker: Theater of Inclusion (TOI)
TOI has an extensive history of working in afterschool environments and carries a deep belief that youth workers are incredible individuals working to make our communities better. The collaboration of artists Dante Ventresca and Rebecca King, facilitate workshops for youth and youth workers that focus on community engagement and leadership development. Ventresca and King will be present throughout the conference to help attendees prepare for, harvest, and document learning during their 2 days at the Summit. CLICK HERE for the Word Collage from TOI’s Conversation Station on Day 1 of the Summit. AND – visit TOI’s website HERE.
A BIG Thank You to Our 2014 SPONSORS!!
- Indiana University Office of the Vice President for Diversity, Equity, and Multicultural Affairs
- Indiana University-Bloomington Office of Admissions
- The Indiana University School of Public Health–Bloomington
- Ivy Tech Community College
- State Farm
- EcO15, Institute for Coalition Building and Community Education Coalition
- Harrison College
- Indiana Space Grant Consortium
- The National Bank of Indianapolis
- United Water
- Indiana Youth Services Association
- Indiana’s CollegeChoice529
- Indy Eleven
- MyON Reader
- Diehl Consulting
- Granville Studio for
- the Visual Arts
- IUPUI SERI