Quality professional development programs target many specific outcomes including increased staff knowledge about youth development, use of effective strategies for activity programming and implementation of methods for promoting positive relationships with youth.
IAN also believes that quality professional development focuses on the long-term sustainability of the out-of-school time workforce by increasing providers’ marketable skills in order to increase public support for the youth development field.
MY AFTERSCHOOL LOCKER
IAN’s new go-to place to find resources that strengthen program quality. This one-stop shop supports programs focusing on curriculum, community engagement, workforce connectivity and team tools – it provides lesson plans, engagement ideas, and connections to Indiana organizations and individuals in the field of afterschool and out-of-school time. Sign up for access HERE.
Are you looking for high quality, online training specifically designed for Out-of-School Time Professionals?
Learn More/Sign Up Here for the Indiana Academy for Out-of-School Learning
This online PD system was created in partnership with CypherWorx and Child Care Aware and offers the latest in Out of School Time training specifically designed for before school, after school and summer programs.
If you have further questions, please contact Bri Gaston-Bell at [email protected]
Check out the Afterschool Certificate Series + many other catalogs, which includes (but is not limited to):
- Providing Homework Support: Types of Homework Support & Providing
- Homework Support: Developing a Homework Support Program
- Exploring Developmental Needs and Characteristics
- Exploring Individual Differences in School-Age Children: Implications for Programming
- Guiding School-Age Children in Groups
- Guiding the Behavior of Individual Children
- School-Age Care as a Family Service: Emphasis on Relationship Building
- Building Relationships with School Personnel
- Creating and Maintaining Healthy School-Age Environments
- Exploring Effective Schedules, Diverse Activity Formats, Planning Tools, and Staff Roles
- Helping Children with ADD Succeed In School-Age Programs: Strategies and Techniques for Staff
AND the following organizations:
- Afterschool Alliance (National)
- American Camp Association
- Indiana Association of Child Care Resource and Referral
- Indiana Youth Institute
- Learn More Indiana
- Marion County Commission on Youth
- National Afterschool Association
- The Journey