Education & Workforce
Healthy Eating and Physical Activity
Out-of-school time programs can play an important role in promoting exercise and healthy nutrition and lifestyles. 32% of Indiana youth are overweight or obese, and 22% do not engage in any physical activity during their free time. See what your program can do to make a healthy difference.
1) The Indiana Healthy Eating and Physical Activity Standards outline specific steps and best practices for programs based on national research. These standards were created in partnership with the State Alliance of YMCAs and build on standards developed by the Y-USA and National Afterschool Association.
2) You can also track your program’s healthy eating and physical activity progress using the Indiana Quality Program Self-Assessment.
3) Search for Indiana out-of-school time programs that offer health and wellness or enter your information into our online mapping database.
4) Sign up for our e-newsletter and get the latest grants and best practices in health and wellness.
5) Other resources to support you coming soon.