Mission: We Mobilize people, organizations and communities to connect afterschool and summer programs with the supports they need to create positive youth outcomes For inspiring futures.
Vision: Indiana is a place where are all k-12 children and youth have access to high quality learning opportunities beyond the school day that prepare them for success in education, careers and life.
2017-2019 Strategic Initiatives
Reaching more Indiana kids with quality afterschool and summer programs
- Mobilize people, organizations & systems: Innovative Partnerships
- Move policy and cultivate champions: Greater Investments
- Strengthen programs and staff: Program Quality
- Build up IAN: Capacity and Culture
- Build a case for Out-Of-School Time Programs to help funders and individuals understand the importance of their support.
- Provide increased program access for students. Help communities identify new opportunities, coordinate resources and expand programs.
- Create alignment and relationships between education and workforce to increase student success.
- Create stronger teams and higher quality programs by establishing standards, best practices, and evaluative tools that help measure success.
- Build a case for the importance of out-of-school time as integral to student growth and development. By doing this, we help foundations, organizations, and individuals understand the value of investing money, time, and resources in out-of-school time.
- Provide increased access to students by enlarging existing programs, developing new opportunities, and bringing more awareness to all programs.
- Nurture the alignment of education and workforce by improving communication and helping students understand their communities and the roles they play within them.
IAN began in 2001 as a grassroots effort of school districts and afterschool providers, supported by the Indiana Department of Education. By 2007, IAN had engaged diverse leaders to obtain funding from national and local foundations, corporate sponsors, and several Indiana city/county government entities.
We now have thousands of partners across the fields of education, youth development, business, government, faith-based and community organizations in Indiana and nationally. Among those we enjoy the generous support of the C.S. Mott Foundation, the Lilly Endowment, the Lumina Foundation, and many corporate supporters. IAN works closely with the Afterschool Alliance and the National Afterschool Association.