Quality professional development programs target many specific outcomes including increased staff knowledge about youth development, use of effective strategies for activity programming and implementation of methods for promoting positive relationships with youth.
IAN also believes that quality professional development focuses on the long-term sustainability of the out-of-school time workforce by increasing providers’ marketable skills in order to increase public support for the youth development field.
Are you looking for high quality, online training specifically designed for Out-of-School Time Professionals?
Learn More/Sign Up Here for the Indiana Academy for Out-of-School Learning
This online PD system was created in partnership with CypherWorx and Child Care Aware and offers the latest in Out of School Time training specifically designed for before school, after school and summer programs.
If you have further questions, please contact Bri Gaston-Bell at [email protected]
10 Hot Topics Included (but not limited to):
- Exploring Developmental Needs and Characteristics of Different Age Groups
- Exploring Individual Differences in School-Age Children:
- Guiding School-Age Children in Groups
- Guiding the Behavior of Individual Children
- School-Age Support and Care as a Family Service – Part One and Two
- Building Relationships with School Personnel
- Creating and Maintaining Healthy School-Age Environments
- Exploring Effective Schedules, Diverse Activity Formats, Planning Tools, and Staff Roles
- Providing Homework Support
- Helping Children with ADD Succeed in School-Age Programs
For more training check out the following organizations:
- Afterschool Alliance (National)
- American Camp Association
- Indiana Association of Child Care Resource and Referral
- Indiana Youth Institute
- Learn More Indiana
- Marion County Commission on Youth
- National Afterschool Association
- The Journey